Recipe from Garden Fresh Foodie
Editor’s Note: Looking for a light, refreshing summer salad you can whip up super quick? This plant-based recipe is just what you need. The dressing has no oil, and you can make it with fresh or dried herbs if you have to. Enjoy!
Edamame Salad with Light Herb Vinaigrette
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Number of servings: 17
Per Serving 104 calories
Fat 3 g
Carbs 15 g
Protein 6 g
- 6 cups of edamame (unripened green soybeans) (Note: It's important to choose organic soy products because 90% of U.S. soy is GMO. Or you can grow your own edamame.)
- 4 cups of corn kernels, fresh is best, but frozen is fine (just defrost)
- 2 cups of medium diced peppers-we used 1 red and 1 orange
- 1 cup of chopped scallions
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 3 tbsp fresh dill (or 1 tsp dried)
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup fresh basil
- 2 tbsp fresh or 1 tsp dried dill
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp of sweetener of choice-maple syrup, date paste-if desired, you can omit to have no added sugars
- pinch sea salt (or to taste), about ½ tsp
- freshly ground pepper or to taste
- water to thin if desired (we didn't)
Summer Herb Dressing:
- Mix dressing ingredients together in a blender, taste to season.
- Blanch edamame in boil water until they turn bright green and soften slightly. Drain.
- If using frozen corn, defrost.Toss remaining ingredients into a bowl and add as much dressing as you feel you need.
- Season to taste and serve as a salad topper or as a side dish. This would also be great on top of a baked sweet potato!
• High in plant-based protein, 10 g: great for healing and repairing tissues
• High in fiber almost 6.5 g: great for lowering blood sugar & blood pressure, digestive health, and increases satiety
• Parsley and peppers are both high in Vitamin C, 59% per serving; great for boosting immunity and detoxifying the body, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory
• Good source of potassium-212 mg/serving, great for kidney and nervous system function, regulated blood pressure/heart rate
• Good source of Vitamin A: 35%, strengthens bones, teeth, eyes, and skin health; antioxidant and anti-inflammatory
• Gluten Free and plant-based-decreases inflammation in the body